Frequently Asked Questions

Click on the question to find out what you can do.

What is the penalty range/maximum punishment for speeding offences?

Most speeding offences would normally be dealt with by way of a Fixed Penalty Notice, resulting in 3 penalty points and a £100 fine. If the matter proceeds to Court, there is a range of between 3 and 6 points or disqualification, in addition to any financial penalty that can be given. If you already have 9 points or more then you need to speak to us -click here.

Could a speeding offence result in a disqualification?

Generally, the Courts will consider a disqualification if you were driving at speeds that were over a particular threshold of the speed limit in question. But you can be disqualified for any degree of speeding as there are also other factors that are considered in imposing a disqualification including poor road conditions, adverse weather, driving a heavy vehicle, a public service vehicle, carrying passengers or anything that shows evidence of an unacceptable standard of driving.

We can present your defence to help you avoid disqualification - just click here.

I have been caught speeding. Is an instant driving ban likely?

Generally speaking, the higher the speed, the greater the risk of an instant ban and as a general rule of thumb, when the speeding offence is in excess of 45% of the speed limit, there is a risk of an instant driving ban. Contact us now to discuss your options.

Is it possible to avoid an instant ban?

Yes. To avoid a ban please call us immediately to find out what we can do.

If I'm acquitted can I claim back any of my legal fees?

Yes you can. When we successfully help you to avoid a conviction or due to the discontinuance of proceedings by the Prosecution, you will be entitled to an order from the Court known as a Defence Costs Order. This order entitles you to submit your legal bill of costs to The National Taxing Team. On receipt of your bill, they will conduct an assessment and can provide a partial reimbursement of your legal fees.

Contact us now to find out more.

If I'm convicted of a motoring offence will I have a criminal record?

If you are convicted of a motoring offence by the Court you will unfortunately have a criminal record. This applies to all sentences imposed by the court including fines for a motoring conviction.

This is why you need us to provide you with the proper legal defence to avoid a criminal record - click here to contact us.

How long does a conviction for a motoring offence stay on my record?

Criminal records relating to a motoring conviction are normally spent after 5 years which means you no longer have to declare it to your insurers or, in most cases, when applying for a job.

Details of certain offences such as drink driving remain on your driving licence and DVLA driving record for a much longer period.

Contact us now!

Will I face an automatic disqualification for drink driving?

In limited circumstances, it is possible to persuade the court not to disqualify you if ‘special reasons’ exist. We can review this for you and see if it is possible or, if not, then we can negotiate to have a reduction in the length of the ban.

Contact us now!

Do I have to tell the police who was driving my car?

If you have received a notice requiring you to identify the driver who is accused of an offence then, as the registered keeper of the vehicle, you are obliged to provide this information even if it incriminates you.

To discuss this please contact us now.